8315 214th Ave E
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Senior Java Software Engineer
B.S. degree from the University of Washington's Institute of Technology in Computing & Software Systems.
Eleven years of experience developing, testing, supporting, troubleshooting, and maintaining enterprise applications and websites.
University Of Washington
B.S. Computing & Software Systems, 2003
Pierce Community College
● EET (Electronic Engineering Technology)
● Computer technology, setup, troubleshooting, and programming in Visual Basic and Java
Feb 2016 - Present, Recreational Equip. Inc: Kent, WA
Principal Software Engineer REI.com
July 2005 - Feb 2016, Recreational Equip. Inc: Kent, WA
Senior Software Engineer (Java)
● Specializing in J2EE application stability, tuning, troubleshooting, and performance on Websphere and JBoss.
● Stabilized a website that had weekly downtime. Has now gone two years with no software related outages.
● Increased performance of site from being in bottom 10% of google paid search sites to be in top 40%
● Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle RAC, Java, Groovy, Adobe CQ5, Hibernate, Spring, Apache, SQL, MQ
● JVM analysis and tuning, JMeter, Load Runner, JMX, VisualVM, Firebug, Fiddler, Dynatrace, Akamai Site Accelerator (CDN), Foglight FxM, FxV, and FmS.
● F5 LTM, VMWare, WAF
● Scrum, Kanban, Agile, XP
2003 - July 2005, Recreational Equip. Inc: Kent, WA
Software Analyst III
● Retail Systems support and software development in a mixed AS/400, Sun, Windows environment.
2003 Recreational Equip. Inc: Federal Way, WA
QA Software Engineer and REI Internship
● Tested multiple projects for the REI online site including gift boxing and gift registry. This included writing custom Java programs for testing, working with Empirix a VB based automated testing platform, and writing SQL scripts for testing purposes.